The Board of Directors for the Leslieville Business Improvement Area Association requires an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support, customer service and general assistance. The individual must be a self starter and possess strong organizational skills to ensure that projects and activities are completed on time. Reporting to the Board of Directors through the HR Chair, the Administrator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Administration & Finance
- Responsible for all operations of the BIA, including administration, budgeting, and staffing
- Actively support work of the Board, committees and working groups
- Schedule meetings, prepare agendas with Board/Chair and contact all required members to attend
- Complete meeting minutes within 5 business days and upload in drive
- Coordination of the Annual General Meeting of the BIA Membership
- Attend relevant public meetings & local working groups on behalf of the BIA.
- Maintaining and updating the business database and directory
- Preparing, submitting and following up on all city permits and paperwork
- Writing and implementation of successful Grant applications within applicable deadlines
- Monitor email and phone messages and replying accordingly
- Accurate maintenance of BIA files and records
- Assist the treasurer with the management and stewardship of assets and financial health of the BIA
- Assist the treasurer prepare financial information for the auditor
- Assist the treasurer prepare the annual report
- Assist the treasurer in reporting of receivables, payables, and payroll
- Manage all planning and implementation of events, projects and activities such as (but not limited to) festivals, Façade improvement program, Shop Local etc.
- Oversee the maintenance, beautification, and seasonal decoration strategies
- Initiate, promote and facilitate special member-to-member events
- Provide support and input to board sub-committees established to deal with specific activities, events and issues
- Complete other duties as directed and assigned by the BIA Board
Communication & Promotion
- Promote and foster the business and community environment in the BIA
- Represent the BIA’s interests within the community at both local and regional levels
- Manage communications with members and external stakeholders
- Manage and maintain the website and business listings
- Market BIA with the intention of attracting and retaining talented workers and entrepreneurs
- Oversee Social Media activities to ensure communication consistency and relevance
- Oversee the design, creation and production of marketing materials
- Overseeing Interns and support staff
- Obtain Sponsorship for BIA promotional events and projects.
- Foster and maintain strong relations with media and all stakeholders
- Preparation of successful grant applications
While direct BIA experience would be considered an asset, we would give additional special consideration to candidates who possess experience in working with municipal government, government agencies and/or special interest groups that have close working relationships with government entities.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The Leslieville BIA is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.