The Leslieville Business Improvement Area (BIA) invites applications for the role of Marketing Assistant. Are you energetic, innovative, able to take initiative and a self-starter? This role might be for you.
Who We Are
The Leslieville BIA, formed in 2013 by a City of Toronto Council motion, represents over 200 businesses along Queen Street East from Empire to Vancouver Avenues. We are responsible for maintaining a vibrant and enabling commercial main street, bringing tourism to support businesses. We do this through events, promotion of the commercial main street, advocacy on behalf of businesses, beautification/streetscape and other initiatives. The BIA is governed by Chapter 19 of City of Toronto Municipal Code and is run by a Board of Management of business owners.
Reporting to the BIA Coordinator, the Marketing Assistant will:
- Assist in updating the list of businesses, which will be later used to create an annual business directory
- Assist in marketing campaigns to help rebuild consumer confidence after COVID-19
- Work with the Social Media Coordinator to build/produce content for our platforms
- Assist in planning virtual events
- Engage BIA members on a consistent basis, providing them with updates on economic development initiatives and other related matters
- Work alongside a Marketing Committee & Coordinator to organize initiatives for the remainder of 2020
- Liaise with the City and other stakeholders to complete projects/initiatives for the main street
- Assist with other tasks, as outlined by the Coordinator and Board
- Organisational skills
- Creativity; bringing fresh ideas to the planning and implementation process
- Good teamworking skills
- Communication skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Must have an apt for engaging small businesses and other stakeholders
- Must have a marketing/communication-related background. Must be currently pursuing studies in these fields, or have a completed degree/diploma in them.
- 30-hour work week
- Candidate will work primarily from home, with a considerable amount of time spent in the Leslieville BIA physically engaging businesses
To Apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Marketing Assistant’. The application period ends on July 16, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.